I have a new last name. What do I need to do?
To comply with IRS guidelines, we are required to verify a match between employee names and the Social Security Administration records.
Please visit the Office of Human Resources once you have obtained your new social security card reflecting your new name. Please also supply a photo ID with your new name.
For teachers only; Divorce decree document required, along with the new social security card and photo ID with the new name.
We will notify the Insurance, Payroll and Technology departments.
Once the name change has been processed, a confirmation email will be sent to your school district email address and your site office manager and/or secretary.

The employee is also responsible for completing the following:

1.Call the Aesop phone system and re-record your name. 1-800-942-3767 > enter your ID number followed by the # key > enter your PIN number followed by the # key > select option #5  
2.Contact one of the following which pertains to you.Licensed staff – Call TRA (Teachers Retirement Association) at 1-800-657-3669
Non-Licensed staff – Call PERA (Public Employees Retirement Association) at 1-800-652-9026

3. Complete a new W-4 form in the Payroll Office if it hasn’t already been done.Contact the Minnesota Department of Education @ 1-651-582-8833 so they can update your teacher license with your new name.

4. Print a new ID badge with your new name. This can be completed in the Office of Human Resources located at the Edison Building.

Contact Julie Jimenez Coles. at or call 328-4222 if you have questions.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.

Rochester Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, or disability.