I. INTRODUCTION: TEACHER INDUCTION PROGRAM
Winona State University (WSU) and Independent School District 535 are joint participants in a Graduate Induction Program for grades K-6 in the Rochester Public Schools. The program is currently designed for up to 16 graduate Residents who may be placed at elementary or sixth-grade middle school sites.
II. RATIONALE for COLLABORATIVE EFFORTS of WSU/ROCHESTER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
The program is designed to assist first year teachers with challenges unique to entry into the profession of education. Central to program effort is the exchange of services made possible by placing fully licensed Residents in Rochester K-6 classrooms, thus freeing selected classroom teachers to work as full-time Clinical Coaches in mentoring roles.
Residents complete a Master of Science in Education through a sequence of course work and field components during a period including Summer Sessions I and II, 2017, the 2017-2018 school year and Summer Sessions I and II, 2018. The Residents will be compensated up to $11,000 and provided a tuition waiver for 32 graduate credits. The total compensation package will be subject to federal and state income tax withholding.
Checklist for Graduate Resident Application:
Complete undergraduate degree by June before summer session begins.
- Have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.75, with preference given to those with a 3.00 G.P.A. (includes all post-secondary work).
- Be eligible for appropriate Minnesota teaching licensure: Elementary Education K-6. Any student who has a criminal record may potentially be unable to obtain licensure. If a student has questions regarding this please contact the Program Director, Dr. Wendy Shannon. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed application form
- Cover letter
- A resume
- Student teaching evaluation from your cooperating teacher
- Two GIP recommendation forms from college/university faculty
- Proof of passing Basic Skills Exam (Reading, Writing, and Math) MTLE Pedagogy Tests, and MTLE Content Tests.
Apply to WSU Graduate Application for Admission and pay application fee.
Be available for WSU Summer Sessions I and II immediately preceding and following the yearlong practicum.
Completed applications due by Thursday, March 23, 2017
Finalists will be contacted for an interview.
Application materials for 2017-2018
Mail completed application materials to :
Graduate Induction Program
Facilities Service Building
3935 Hwy 14 East
Rochester, MN 55904
or email email@example.com
or fax 507-328-4398